Texas State Transfer Admission Requirements
(For students with over 30 transferable credits)
To be considered for transfer admission, Texas State University requires students to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum 2.25 GPA in all transferable course work
- Must be eligible to return to all previous institutions (e.g., free of suspensions, dismissal or enforce withdrawal)
Earlier deadlines and additional application requirements pertain to some of Texas State’s degree programs. Please click on any of the following degrees for additional program specific admission requirements:
- College of Education, BS degree in Education (Early Childhood through 6th grade/ESL)
- College of Health Professions, BSCD degree in Communication Disorders
- College of Health Professions, BSRC degree in Respiratory Care
- St. David's School of Nursing, BSN degree in Nursing
Visit Admission Priority Dates for admissions dates specific to transfer students.
How to Apply to Texas State University to Attend the Round Rock Campus
To be considered for transfer admission, students must complete the following application steps and requirements:
- Go to How to Apply page and follow steps under "Transfer Students" to complete an application.
- Submit Transcripts: Texas State requires an official transcript from each college or university attended in addition to your high school transcript. Please note that you are responsible for contacting each school and requesting the transcript. In order to expedite the process, it is recommended that you electronically transfer an official transcript from each school to Texas State University. You may mail your official transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions: 429 N. Guadalupe Street San Marcos, TX 78666.
- Pay the Application Fee: There is a non-refundable application fee. (A fee waiver is available if you have full Pell Grant eligibility.)
- Monitor Admission Status: You may monitor your admission status online. Keep in mind that the application process takes up to several weeks for processing. Admissions will update your status once a decision has been made in addition to sending you an email notifying you of your admission decision and next steps.